User Guide for a Flexible Dates Search on Orbitz.com
Posted by Tim Charters on Monday, January 31, 2011
Planning a spring/summer getaway? Take a look at Orbitz if you have any flexibilty with your travel dates. With three different search features, you're bound to find an airfare that will meet your schedule. Our step-by-step guide . . . just for you, our Airfarewatchdog fans!
1. Go to the Orbitz homepage.
2. The home page will automatically default to a Quick Search for a Flight. Type in the two cities and/or three letter airport codes you will be traveling From/To.
3. Near the bottom of the light blue box, click on Flexible Dates to start a flexible dates search.
4. The Quick Search box will now have 3 options for a flexible airfare search. Select one.
Option 1 - Weekends
Option 2 - Bonus Days
Option 3 - Flexible Stays
5. Once you have selected your option, enter in the Travelers details at the bottom of the search box. If you prefer, check the box to receive search results for only non-stop flights.
6. Click on Find to get your flexible search results.
7. A matrix grid of possible airfares will appear with. Click on the price of the airfare that corresponds to your travel dates/itinerary.
If you selected Option 1 - Weekend Fares:
If you selected Option 2 -Bonus Days:
If you selected Option 3 -Flexible Stays:
8. Now you should have a variety of flights to select from on your screen. Scroll up and down the page to view various flights. For other flights/airlines listed in the matrix grid, click on the airline or the number of stops located under the airlines.
9. Click on the Select button for the flight that will meet your travel needs and/or itinerary.
10. Review your itinerary and start following the steps on the subsequent page(s) to finish booking your flight on Orbitz.
Voila! Have a great trip.
Categories: Airfare Tips