Extended Stay & Pay

Tracy Stewart, February 11, 2008
Fares from Washington DC, District of Columbia:

    Q. Any suggestions on how to transfer money to Italy for a long term stay? I am not able to open a bank account because i will not be a resident. I'm afraid that the atm conversion fees will be too high and really add up after a 3 month stay. 

    A. ATM conversions aren't as expensive as you may think. Many banks don't charge anything for foreign ATM withdrawals. Just shop around and find a bank in your area that charges the minimal fee, if anything at all, for currency conversion. Also keep in mind that credit unions sometimes have better deals.