Flight from Philadelphia to Frankfurt
- Round Trip
- Number of Stops:
- No stops
- Date of Flight:
- June 2010
- Seat Class:
This is a long story, so I will use bullet points:
- 3 hours into the flight to FRA plane had to turn around due to navigation problems
- arrive back in Phila close to midnight after 6 hours in the air
- passengers were handed a card with a phone number and were told to make their own arrangements. No assistance offered.
- no vouchers for hotel stays (can submit bill for "consideration")
- got through to a representative while waiting for luggage to be returned, asked to be booked on next possible flight, was told we could go via Charlotte next day.
- realized later that she booked us to Charlotte the following day, but to Frankfurt another day later
- Called again (long wait on phone), was told that problem was fixed.
- Got to airport next morning only to be told that now both flights were for the next day (another day sitting in Phila)
- After vigorous objections were referred to a supervisor, who after much time booked us on a flight later that day via Orlando.
- Sat in airport several hours, got on plane to Orlando which was about an hour or so late leaving.
- after being seated, were told that we would miss the FRA flight and given the option to get off again to find another solution.
- got off plane and were assured that our luggage would be taken off
- got booked on Madrid-FRA, then Brussels-FRA, only for the agent to then discover that there actually were 2 seats available later that night directly to FRA.
- were given what looked like a boarding pass for 8:25 flight that night.
- reported to gate about half hour before boarding only to be told that that was not a valid boarding pass.
- were directed to go to service counter, which had a line of at least 200 people waiting.
- stayed in line while husband went back to gate to inform them that we would never get served in time.
- miraculously another agent there was able to fix the problem now and we were able to board after being told "that we had gone to Orlando". It had never been changed in the system!
- Got to Frankfurt, of course no luggage.
- filed claim, got rental car and drove 5 hours to destination.
- 3 days later luggage got delivered.
- one suitcase broken wheel, both completely soaking wet
- called airline, was told that damage to wheel not covered, and as far as the clothes are concerned we could take them to a dry cleaners and submit the bill for consideration! This would have depleted my funds.
- Only after more complaints were we offered some e-vouchers for future flights as compensation.