8 Airline Regulations We Need Now
Since this was blog post was published last year, No. 7 on our "wish list" has been put into effect. Now what about the other seven items? Feel free to add your favorite new regulation in the comments.
1. If an airline changes its schedule before you depart on a trip, and such schedule change no longer suits your schedule, the airline must secure you transportation on another airline at your original fare.
2. If an airline changes its schedule and you are forced to spend money on hotels and meals, such as a forced overnight midway in your trip, the airline must pick up the bill.
3. If an airline cancels a flight and you're traveling on a frequent flyer ticket, any fees associated with that fare must be refunded.
4. If you are due a refund or any kind from an airline, said refund must be paid in full in 30 days.
5. If your flight is delayed or canceled due to anything within the airline's reasonable control, the airline must provide adequate lodging, meals, and transportation. It must also put you on another airline's flight if that flight will get you to your destination sooner than your original airline's next flight out.
6. If an airline loses or delays your checked luggage, all checked bag fees must be refunded in full within 30 days, in cash.
7. If you are stuck on the runway for more than three hours, your flight must return to the gate and all passengers be allowed to disembark.
8. If a passenger buys a non-refundable ticket, and said passenger dies or becomes too ill to ever travel again, passenger's fare must be refunded in full within 30 days, and all traveling companions must also have their fares refunded.
What else should we add to the list? Now be reasonable! And add your comments below.
- November, 2014 (117)
- October, 2014 (117)
- September, 2014 (119)
- August, 2014 (109)
- July, 2014 (116)
- June, 2014 (105)
- May, 2014 (90)
- April, 2014 (93)
- March, 2014 (74)
- February, 2014 (55)
- January, 2014 (63)
- December, 2013 (41)
- November, 2013 (53)
- October, 2013 (66)
- September, 2013 (26)
- August, 2013 (27)
- July, 2013 (32)
- June, 2013 (28)
- May, 2013 (30)
- April, 2013 (29)
- March, 2013 (32)
- February, 2013 (29)