Alaska Airlines has just debuted a new airfare sale featuring discounted spring flights throughout the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii; plus international Latin American destinations. Airfares start at $49 one-way (roundtrip is not required), and must be booked by March 23.
During research, I noted that the sale rates are consistently available through mid-May but become scarce in June. On some routes, there's broader travel availability beyond the days detailed in the sale, while on other itineraries the fares are cheaper than advertised. Compare your specific itinerary for the best airfare results.
- Travel Period: April 21 - June 10
- Travel Days of the Week: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays for most routes
Travel days on international routes and specific domestic markets (like Florida and New Orleans) vary depending on when service is offered and the direction of travel. Click on the fare details below for more booking info.
Tickets must be purchased at least 21 days before departure and by Monday, March 23 at 11:59 pm PT.
All fares also work in the reverse direction.
- Los Angeles to San Jose, CA, $98 roundtrip
- San Jose, CA, to San Diego $98 roundtrip
- Fresno to Portland, OR, $138 roundtrip
- Missoula to Los Angeles $138 roundtrip
- Oakland to Seattle $138 roundtrip
- Ontario, CA, to Portland, OR, $138 roundtrip
- Seattle to Los Angeles $138 roundtrip
- Santa Ana/Orange County to Seattle $158 roundtrip
- Palm Springs to San Francisco $158 roundtrip
- San Francisco to Spokane $158 roundtrip
- Austin to San Francisco $178 roundtrip
- Burbank to Seattle $178 roundtrip
- San Francisco to Redmond $198 roundtrip
International Sample Fares
- Los Angeles to Loreto, Mexico, $278 roundtrip
- San Diego to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, $278 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico, $298 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Guadalajara, Mexico, $318 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Liberia, Costa Rica, $398 roundtrip
Check out the heated airfare competition for Hawaii routes, including travel to Honolulu, Maui, Kona, and Kauai.
These fares include one carry-on bag, plus one small personal item. Checked bag fees start at $30 each way.
Saver Fares allow for limited seat selection in the back of the aircraft. However, finding seats next to a travel partner may be difficult on some routes. If you choose not to select a seat, one will be assigned to you during check-in.
Related: How to Fly Alaska Airlines
Alaska's Main fares are usually around $10-$35 more each way and include a wider selection of seats to choose from and allow ticket changes/upgrades for a fee. Checked bag fees are the same $30 each way.
On some routes, other airlines compete with cheaper fares, but prohibit carry-on bags, for example. Compare apples to apples by totaling the fare total, plus the bag fees.
As an example, I found flights departing Anchorage ANC on May 1, returning from Chicago ORD on May 9 for $353.72 roundtrip. That's $22 and change less than the advertised fare, so run rates on your specific itinerary.