Alaska Airlines is having an amazing flash sale to Hawaii with fares as low as $99 one-way or $198 roundtrip. Other airlines such as American, Hawaiian, Southwest, and United are matching these prices from West Coast cities and there are also great fares to Hawaii from all over the U.S.
Update: March 10, 2020: Alaska Airlines extended its sale fares to Hawaii for purchase through Monday, March 16, 2020, with an expanded travel window! Almost all other mainline carriers have price matched alongside these big price drops, so shop around and see which is the best option for your island adventure! With no advance purchase required, you can take a last-minute spring break trip in March!
Each airline has its own advantages pertaining to baggage allowance, seat selection, change fees, and schedule. Make sure to compare the total cost and policies to fly the carrier that best fits your needs. For example, Southwest includes two free checked bags, United only includes a small personal item, American's lowest fares to/from Hawaii are often Main Cabin Economy fares, which include seat selection, and Hawaiian Airlines includes meal service.
- Travel Period: Now through June 10, 2020. No advance purchase required.
- Travel Days of the Week: Monday through Thursdays.
- Blackout Dates: May 21 - May 25, 2020.
Fares on Alaska Airlines from most West Coast hubs are advertised for purchase through March 16, 2020, at 11:59 pm PDT. However, fares are limited and other routes are not advertised, which means prices may jump at any time.
All fares also work in the reverse direction.
Cheap Flights to Honolulu (HNL)
- Oakland to Honolulu $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Francisco to Honolulu $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Jose to Honolulu $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Los Angeles to Honolulu $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Las Vegas to Honolulu $216 roundtrip
- Seattle to Honolulu $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- Portland to Honolulu $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- Boise to Honolulu $296 roundtrip
- Denver to Honolulu $319 roundtrip
- Chicago to Honolulu $369 roundtrip
- Minneapolis to Honolulu $364 roundtrip
- Boston to Honolulu $384 roundtrip
- New York to Honolulu $384 roundtrip
- Washington D.C. to Honolulu $392 roundtrip
- Baltimore to Honolulu $393 roundtrip
- Miami to Honolulu $422 roundtrip
Cheap Flights to Maui (OGG)
- San Diego to Maui $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Los Angeles to Maui $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Oakland to Maui $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Sacramento to Maui $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Francisco to Maui $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Jose to Maui $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Las Vegas to Maui $216 roundtrip
- Seattle to Maui $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- Portland to Maui $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- Salt Lake City to Maui $301 roundtrip
- Dallas to Maui $336 roundtrip
- Kansas City to Maui $346 roundtrip
- Chicago to Maui $360 roundtrip
- New York to Maui $364 roundtrip
- Orlando to Maui $373 roundtrip
- Boston to Maui $384 roundtrip
- Baltimore to Maui $395 roundtrip
Cheap Flights to Kona (KOA)
- San Francisco to Kona $197 roundtrip
- San Jose to Kona $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Oakland to Kona $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Diego to Kona $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Seattle to Kona $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- Portland to Kona $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- Denver to Kona $356 roundtrip
- Chicago to Kona $360 roundtrip
- Minneapolis to Kona $384 roundtrip
Cheap Flights to Kauai (LIH)
- Oakland to Kauai $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Jose to Kauai $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Diego to Kauai $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Seattle to Kauai $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- Portland to Kauai $238 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Francisco to Kauai $248 roundtrip, nonstop
- Los Angeles to Kauai $257 roundtrip
- Chicago to Kauai $362 roundtrip
Don't see your city listed? No worries! There is likely a big price drop on flights to Hawaii from most cities around the U.S. Check out all of our fares to Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG), Kona (KOA), and Kauai (LIH) for a look at current finds.
Please note, Southwest fares are only available on Southwest.com. Other carriers regularly match these sale fares, so be sure to compare to find the best deal.
All of these fares include a carry-on bag plus a small personal item except United which only allows a small personal item that fits under the seat in front of you with its Basic Economy fares. The first checked bag is $30 each way on all airlines except Southwest. Southwest includes two free checked bags.
Southwest has an open seating policy where you choose your seat as you board the aircraft. On all other airlines, seats will be assigned at random upon check-in for Basic Economy prices. You may be able to pay a fee to choose a specific seat. American's lowest fares to/from Hawaii may be Main Cabin Economy fares, which include advanced seat assignments.
The upgrade to a regular or Main Cabin Economy fare varies greatly depending on the route. Some routes can be upgraded for as little as $60 roundtrip, but we've seen others where the difference in price is around $200. This type of fare includes advanced seat selection and allows ticket changes/upgrades for a fee. It will also include a carry-on bag on United, whereas Basic Economy does not. The first checked bag fee is the same $30 each way. American's lowest fares to/from Hawaii may already Main Cabin Economy fares.
As an example, I found a Southwest flight departing San Jose SJC on Thursday, April 30, returning from Lihue LIH on Thursday, May 7, for $198 roundtrip. This includes two free checked bags and no change fees.