If you crave some Latin culture for your next vacation, these huge price drops on flights to South America are something you should jump on right away. Flights to Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Brazil, and Argentina are incredibly cheap from several cities across the U.S. We rarely see prices drop this low — especially to Chile where flights are as low as $386 roundtrip. Flights to Colombia and other countries are even cheaper, starting from just $166 roundtrip.
The biggest price drops we're seeing today are on Avianca and Copa Airlines. Unfortunately, these price drops appear to be in line with Avianca introducing its "Travel Promo" fare, which only includes carry-on bags. Copa still includes at least one checked bag in all fares. JetBlue seems to be responding to these price drops by lowering fares to certain cities in South America.
Other airlines such as American, Aerolineas Argentinas, Delta, and LATAM also have some great fares, but make sure to read the fine print when booking to understand what is included as Basic Economy is creeping its way into South America.
- Travel Period: Varies by route. Mostly spring and fall travel. Some routes have availability year-round.
- Travel Days of the Week: Varies by route.
- Blackout Dates: Peak summer travel and Holiday travel in late December and early January. Certain routes may have more blackout periods.
Since availability varies quite a bit depending on the route, make sure to click on the fare details below for more booking info on each route.
This sale is unadvertised, and fares may jump at any moment. Secure your low fare by booking now and taking advantage of a 24-hour risk-free cancellation policy to think about your plans.
Cheap Flights to Colombia
- Ft. Lauderdale to Bogota $166 roundtrip, nonstop
- Miami to Bogota $190 roundtrip, nonstop
- Boston to Bogota $194 roundtrip
- Dallas to Bogota $216 roundtrip
- Newark to Medellin $231 roundtrip
- New Orleans to Bogota $239 roundtrip
- Orlando to Bogota $250 roundtrip, nonstop
- New York to Medellin $259 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Bogota $259 roundtrip
- Chicago to Cartagena $294 roundtrip
- New York to Cartagena $316 roundtrip
Cheap Flights to Ecuador and Peru
- Dallas to Guayaquil $210 roundtrip
- Ft. Lauderdale to Guayaquil $210 roundtrip, nonstop
- Dallas to Quito $237 roundtrip
- New Orleans to Guayaquil $274 roundtrip
- Miami to Guayaquil $258 roundtrip, nonstop
- New York to Quito $284 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Quito $306 roundtrip
- Miami to Lima $306 roundtrip, nonstop
- Los Angeles to Lima $350 roundtrip
- Boston to Quito $385 roundtrip
- New York to Lima $395 roundtrip
Cheap Flights to Brazil, Chile, and Argentina
- Miami to Brasilia $365 roundtrip
- Dallas to Rio de Janeiro $376 roundtrip
- Dallas to Santiago $386 roundtrip
- Miami to Santiago $386 roundtrip
- Miami to Rio de Janeiro $388 roundtrip
- Miami to Sao Paulo $388 roundtrip
- Dallas to Sao Paulo $388 roundtrip
- Dallas to Buenos Aires $430 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Sao Paulo $476 roundtrip
- Orlando to Buenos Aires $519 roundtrip
- Tampa to Buenos Aires $540 roundtrip
- New York to Sao Paulo $552 roundtrip
- San Francisco to Sao Paulo $565 roundtrip
- Houston to Santiago $627 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Santiago $646 roundtrip
- New York to Santiago $694 roundtrip
There may be great deals from or to other cities as well. If your city isn't listed, have a look at all of our fares to Bogota (BOG), Medellin (MDE), Cartagena (CTG), Guayaquil (GYE), Quito (UIO), Lima (LIM), Santiago (SCL), Buenos Aires (EZE), Sao Paulo (GRU), and Rio de Janeiro (GIG).
Fares on Copa Airlines and Aerolineas Argentinas include at least one free checked bag in addition to a carry-on bag plus a personal item. Other airlines only include a carry-on bag plus a personal item in the lowest fare class, with checked bag fees starting at $30-$45 for each way the first checked bag. Certain routes may be selling the lowest fare at a higher fare class and may include up to two free checked bags. Read the details closely when booking.
Standard advanced seat selection is included with Copa Airlines and you can always receive a free seat assignment during check-in regardless of the airline. Other airlines should allow you to purchase specific seats for a fee, but be sure to read the details when booking, as it is never a requirement to choose a specific seat.
For those of you familiar with open-jaw tickets, you may be able to route your flights into one South American city and back from another for a similar price. Play around with travel dates to maximize your time down south and save big with this unadvertised sale.
Higher fare classes may include multiple extras such as bags, seat selection, and flexibility, for less than purchasing separately. Be diligent when booking to get the fare that best fits your needs. A few routes may have lower fares on Spirit Airlines, but you may end up paying more in the end after bag fees. Considering the total cost and comfort level, you may prefer to fly on one of these major carriers to South America.
As an example, I found seats departing Dallas DFW on Tuesday, April 21, returning from Santiago SCL on Tuesday, May 5, for $386 roundtrip.