Save on a last-minute spring break trip with Interjet. Flights to Mexico are claimed to be up to 90% off the base fare for travel through April and up to 80% off travel through January 2021, including flights to Central and South America. Even though we take this language with a grain of salt, there are still some incredible deals for travel throughout the year starting from just $174 roundtrip.
Best of all, some of these deals are available over Semana Santa and Easter weekend! If you're unfamiliar with Interjet, rest assured that this is a comfortable flight with a seat pitch similar to JetBlue and free in-flight drinks. I've recently flown the airline for the first time and had a great experience.
- Travel Period: March and April for the lowest fares on most routes. Flights in the fall are also discounted.
- Travel Days of the Week: Daily, but will vary by route.
- Blackout Dates: No listed blackout dates. However, the lowest fares are generally not available around Easter in April or for peak summer travel between late May and August.
Tickets must be booked by March 13, 2020, or while supplies last.
All fares listed below are nonstop except San Fran to Mexico City, which requires an overnight layover in Guadalajara.
- San Antonio to Monterrey $174 roundtrip
- Houston to Monterrey $176 roundtrip
- Las Vegas to Monterrey $176 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Monterrey $176 roundtrip
- Miami to Cancun $179 roundtrip
- Las Vegas to Guadalajara $199 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Guadalajara $199 roundtrip
- San Antonio to Mexico City $206 roundtrip
- San Francisco to Guadalajara $207 roundtrip
- Dallas to Mexico City $210 roundtrip
- Houston to Mexico City $210 roundtrip
- Orlando to Mexico City $210 roundtrip
- Miami to Mexico City $210 roundtrip
- Los Angeles to Mexico City $214 roundtrip
- Chicago to Mexico City $214 roundtrip
- San Francisco to Mexico City $242 roundtrip
- Toronto to Cancun $341 CAD roundtrip ($249 USD)
- Vancouver to Mexico City $375 CAD roundtrip ($274 USD)
- Montreal to Cancun $379 CAD roundtrip ($277 USD)
- New York to Mexico City $282 roundtrip - fall travel
This is not a comprehensive list of deals. Nearly all nonstop routes on Interjet have deep discounts and you may also see some deals on connecting flights throughout Mexico or to Central and South America.
For more deals to Latin America, have a look at all of our fares, on all airlines, to Mexico City (MEX), Cancun (CUN), Guadalajara (GDL), Monterrey (MTY), Guatemala (GUA), San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO), Bogota (BOG), and Lima (LIM).
These "Ultra Light" fares include two pieces of carry-on luggage with a max combined weight of 22 lbs. Checked bag fees start at $30 each way when booked online.
Seats will be assigned at random upon check-in for these prices. You may pay a fee to choose a specific seat.
Don't be fooled into upgrading to Interjet's "Light" fare. It is pretty much never worth it for flights between the U.S. and Mexico. There is no difference in your baggage allowance on these routes. For flights within Mexico (such as flights from Tijuana airport near the border with San Diego), and flights to/from Central and South America, the "Light" fare does include one free checked bag, but the price difference is much more than it is to simply add checked baggage a la carte to the "Ultra Light" fare. The only other difference between the "Light" and "Ultra Light" fares is slightly lower change fees. Again, not worth the difference in cost.
If you're in the San Diego area, make sure to check out flights from Tijuana (TIJ), which you can access directly from the U.S. side of the border via the Cross Border Xpress bridge.
As an example, I found flights for travel during Semana Santa and Easter weekend, departing Houston IAH on Tuesday, April 5, returning from Mexico City MEX on Monday, April 13, for $210 roundtrip.