While Swoop has expanded several times over the past couple years, the other ultra-low-cost carrier in Canada, Flair Airlines, has remained the smaller older brother. This summer, Flair Airlines plans to change that by adding 8 new nonstop routes and a few more connecting options to its route map. Intro fares are as low as $119 CAD roundtrip.
New Service on Flair Airlines to/from Toronto, Calgary, and Ottawa
Most of the new service begins in June, with a few routes starting earlier in April and May. The difference between Flair Airlines and Swoop is that Flair Airlines utilizes some major airports in Canada's largest cities. This brings an ultra-low-cost option to flyers to/from Toronto's Pearson International Airport (YYZ), and with this expansion, Flair Airlines will now offer flights to/from Canada's capital in Ottawa (YOW).
New Nonstop Service on Flair Airlines
- Calgary (YYC) — Kelowna (YLW) | Starts April 16, 2020 | Sundays / Mondays / Thursdays / Fridays / Saturdays
- Toronto (YYZ) — Halifax (YHZ) | Starts May 14, 2020 | Sundays / Thursdays > Daily (except Wed)
- Toronto (YYZ) — Ottawa (YOW) | Starts June 16, 2020 | Daily
- Ottawa (YOW) — Halifax (YHZ) | Starts June 17, 2020 | Daily (except Tue)
- Ottawa (YOW) — Calgary (YYC) | Starts June 17, 2020 | From Ottawa: Mondays / Thursdays / Saturdays; From Calgary: Sundays / Wednesdays / Fridays
- Ottawa (YOW) — Edmonton (YEG) | Starts June 18, 2020 | From Ottawa: Sundays / Wednesdays / Fridays; From Edmonton: Mondays / Thursdays / Saturdays
- Toronto (YYZ) — St. John, NB (YSJ) | Starts June 25, 2020 | Sundays / Tuesdays / Thursdays / Saturdays
- Toronto (YYZ) — Charlottetown, PEI (YYG) | Starts June 26, 2020 | Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays
The new service will compete directly with Air Canada on most routes and some of the routes also compete with WestJet. From Toronto's Bishop City airport, Porter Airlines may have service in competing markets and Swoop will also compete from alternate airports. Look for lower airfares on all airlines and make sure to sign up for FREE airfare alerts to find out when prices drop.
- Travel Period: Service start date through October 24, 2020.
- Travel Days of the Week: Vary by route.
- Blackout Dates: None listed.
We especially like the fact that the intro fares are available for peak summer travel!
Intro fares are not advertised with an expiration dates and prices may jump at any moment.
New Flights on Flair Airlines for Summer 2020 Travel
You can toggle which currency you'd like to see on the fare details page by clicking on the flag on the right-hand side of the top menu bar.
Note: Prices will not change in this blog post, but will be displayed in the chosen currency on the fare details pages. The converted price may fluctuate slightly depending on the current rate.
- Toronto to Ottawa $119 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Calgary to Kelowna $119 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Toronto to St. John, New Brunswick $159 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Ottawa to Halifax $159 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Toronto to Halifax $179 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Toronto to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island $179 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Edmonton to Ottawa $260 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Ottawa to Calgary $260 CAD roundtrip, nonstop
- Ottawa to Vancouver $391 CAD roundtrip
- Edmonton to Halifax $398 CAD roundtrip
- Toronto to Kelowna $398 CAD roundtrip
- Halifax to Calgary $398 CAD roundtrip
Fares may vary by a few dollars depending on the city of origin. You may find slightly lower fares by booking two separate one-way fares in each direction.
These fares only include one small personal item. Checked bag fees start at $32-$35 CAD each way when purchased during the initial booking. Carry-on bag fees start at $37 -$41 CAD each way.
Seats will be assigned at random upon check-in for these prices. You may pay a fee to choose a specific seat.
Flair Airlines sells bundles if you'd like to add multiple extras together for a discounted price. The "Basic Bundle" includes one checked bag, priority boarding, and travelflex, which includes one no-fee itinerary change. The "Big Bundle" includes all of that plus one carry-on bag.
As an example, I found a flight departing Toronto YYZ on Friday, June 19, returning from Ottawa YOW on Monday, June 22, for $118 CAD roundtrip.