It's still summer in South Africa, so beat the winter blues by booking a last-minute trip with South African Airway's latest sale to airports all across its home country.
Tickets departing New York or Washington DC are available for departures as soon as tomorrow for travel through the end of the month, with tickets starting as low as $681 roundtrip! A perfect time of the year to enjoy sunny adventures in the Southern Hemisphere and see penguins come ashore in Boulder's Beach or on the lookout for lions and rhinos in Kruger National Park.
- Travel Period: Now through March 31, 2020, returns available through April and May.
- Travel Days of the Week: Monday-Thursday. However, we're seeing these fares available daily.
- Blackout Dates: None listed.
- Minimum Stay: A Sunday night stay is required.
Tickets must be purchased by Friday, March 6, 2020.
- New York-JFK to Johannesburg $681 roundtrip, nonstop
- Washington DC-IAD to Johannesburg $733 roundtrip
- New York-JFK to Cape Town $734 roundtrip
- Washington DC-IAD to Cape Town $795 roundtrip
- New York-JFK to Durban $795 roundtrip
- New York-JFK to Kimberley $813 roundtrip
- Washington DC-IAD to Durban $847 roundtrip
- Washington DC-IAD to Kimberley $865 roundtrip
- Washington DC-IAD to Accra, Ghana $867 roundtrip, nonstop
Fares include carry-on baggage and two pieces of checked luggage up to 50lbs/23kg.
Seat assignments are not included in Saver tickets, seat selection will become available during check-in or randomly assigned to you.
Related: Best Places to Travel in Winter 2020
Searching the South African Airways website, I found seats departing New York JFK on Saturday, March 7, with a return leg from Johannesburg JNB on Sunday, March 15, 2020, for $681 roundtrip.