Air Canada, the country's largest airline, has some great one way and round trip deals to "The Great White North" this winter that will make you scream "Oh Canada!" Plus Canada is one of the few countries left where the U.S. dollar is more favorable in the exchange rate. For example as of today, for every U.S. dollar you hand over up North, expect 1.24 Canadian in return.
Here are a few sample fares I came across while checking out their site. (Round trip with taxes and fees included):
- December 8 -14: Newark (EWR) - Toronto (YYZ), $219
- January 6 - 12: San Francisco (SFO) - Vancouver (YVR), $247
- January 20 - 26: Milwaukee (MKE) - Toronto (YYZ), $241
- February 1 - 7: Manchester (MHT) - Halifax (YHZ), $405
- February 3 -10: Las Vegas (LAS) - Calgary (YYC), $268
Book by November 20, 2008 and travel by February 11, 2009. You must purchase at least 5 days in advance and Air Canada allows two free checked bags.
As always make sure to check online fares to ensure that you receive the lowest deal. Check out Air Canada for full terms and conditions.