Airfarewatchdog “12 Days of Giving” Giveaway (“Giveaway”) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Eligibility to participate in the Giveaway or to win prizes is limited to individual persons at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per individual per prize per social media platform. Multiple participants are not permitted to enter from the same Twitter or Facebook account. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. Registrations or submissions generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Facebook profile associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who created the Twitter or Facebook account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate in or win the Giveaway. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the promotion are also not eligible. The Sponsor's determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final. The Giveaway is void where prohibited and shall be restricted by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations that may apply. The Giveaway is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
2. Sponsor: The Giveaway is sponsored by SmarterTravel Media LLC, located at 226 Causeway St, Boston, MA 02114, doing business as Airfarewatchdog (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor ’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The entry period for each prize begins at the time Sponsor announces the Giveaway on Twitter and/or Facebook and ends at 9:50 AM Eastern Time on the following day (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor ’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
5. How to Enter: Re-tweet the post announcing the Giveaway on Twitter and/or share the post on Facebook. For each prize, entrants are limited to one (1) entry per person per social media platform. Therefore, a user may enter the giveaway for the same prize once each on both Twitter and Facebook. You may not use an agency or any automated system to enter, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods. Limit one (1) entry per person per prize per social media platform. Your entrance into the Giveaway constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules.
6. Drawing: At or around 10:00 AM Eastern Time on the day after each Entry Period, a Winner (“Winner”) will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of the Potential Winner: Sponsor will announce each Winner by tagging him or her in a public Twitter and/or Facebook post. Each Winner will be required to claim his or her prize by following the procedure set forth in the post in which Sponsor announces the Winner. This may include sending a direct message on the platform by a certain date and/or time. For U.S. residents a potential Winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and a W-9 form. If a potential Winner fails to complete, sign and return these documents within five (5) business days, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. It is the potential Winner’s responsibility to determine his/her proper residency status and any failure to provide actuate information may be grounds for disqualification.
8. Prizes: The Giveaway will include multiple Entry Periods and drawings, one for each prize. For each separate Entry Period and drawing, one (1) Winner will receive one of the following:
-One (1) snack box from Try the World
-One (1) adventure from Tinggly Experience's "essentials collection"
-One (1) of five (5) promotion codes from IfOnly
(collectively, “Prizes,” individually a “Prize”))
• Prize subject to availability
The approximate retail values of each Prize is within the range of $30-$80. Additional expenses, including any travel expenses, beyond those listed above in this Section 8 are not included as part of the Prize package. The Winner is solely responsible for paying all federal, state, local, and income taxes and any other costs and expenses not expressly covered by Sponsor in these rules. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
A prize may not be assigned or transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any travel related expenses included but not limited to transportation to and from home and any hotel, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage not mentioned and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, gift shop purchases, video or camera fee at monuments and all other services not specifically mentioned as included in the prize are the sole responsibility of prize Winner. Winner and any potential travel companion(s) must travel on same itinerary. Winner and any potential guest(s) are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., valid photo ID/passport) prior to travel. Winner’s guest(s) must be legal U.S. resident, 18 years or older and must complete and return a Liability/Publicity/Travel Release prior to travel as noted above.
Any hotel reservations and accommodations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Blackout dates, advance booking requirements and travel restrictions may apply. Availability is subject to factors such as weather, seasonality and space availability. If weather affects the ability for Winner and his/her guest(s) to redeem any portion of prize during the scheduled date and time, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Winner and/or guest(s) other than to supply the remaining elements of the prize package minus the unused portion of prize. If for any reason whatsoever, Winner and/or guest(s) are unable to travel after all travel arrangements to be provided by Sponsor have been made and paid, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Winner. If the prize is forfeited prior to Sponsor finalizing and paying for travel, and there is sufficient time to notify an alternate Winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner in a separate random drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use Winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor or prize providers. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor, prize providers, and all other businesses affiliated with this Giveaway and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that each merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any).
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Giveaway, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of Twitter or Facebook account used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The Giveaway is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Try the World, Tinggly Experience, and IfOnly, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates; and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
14. Additional Information: To request more information send self-addressed stamped envelope to 12 Days of Giving c/o SmarterTravel Media LLC, located at 226 Causeway St, Boston, MA 02114. Requests must be made by December 31, 2016.