Sale extended through Monday night: While other airlines are starting to offer free waivers on flight changes in the upcoming months, Southwest Airlines is reminding customers that they've always allowed these perks on all their tickets, and free baggage to boot!
So book one of these fare deals starting as low as $39 one-way on Interisland Hawaii flights, and just at $49 one-way or $98 roundtrip for continental travel without worrying about a change in your travel plans. We've noticed a lot more markets with price-drops than in previous sales, so have a look to see what's available for less from your local airport.
- Travel Period: Now through June 6, 2020, with a 14-day advance purchase for continental U.S. travel.
- Travel Days of the Week: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays for most routes. See info below for different travel days for specific markets.
- Blackout Dates: May 21, 22, & 25, 2020.
Departures to Las Vegas and select Florida airports are available Sunday through Wednesday; Travel from Las Vegas and certain cities in Florida is valid Tuesday through Friday.
Routes outside the continental U.S. may require a 21-day advance purchase. Interisland Hawaiian fares are valid for travel Mondays through Thursdays through May 20, 2020. Tickets to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico are valid Mondays through Thursdays, through April 14 - May 14, 2020.
Tickets must be purchased by Monday, March 16, 2020, at 11:59 pm PDT.
Sample Sale Fares
Please note, these fares are only available on Southwest.com. Other carriers regularly match these sale fares, so be sure to compare to find the best deal. All fares also work in the reverse direction.
- Honolulu to Hilo $78 roundtrip, nonstop
- Atlanta to New Orleans $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- Detroit to St. Louis $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- Los Angeles to Phoenix $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- San Francisco to Ontario $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- Nashville to Raleigh $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- Providence to Washington DC-National $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- Chicago-Midway to Pittsburgh $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- Las Vegas to San Diego $98 roundtrip, nonstop
- Austin to Chicago-Midway $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Baltimore to Birmingham $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Philadelphia to Tampa $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Dallas-Love Field to Minneapolis $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Houston-Hobby to Atlanta $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Boston to Columbus $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Orlando to Indianapolis $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Las Vegas to Seattle $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Norfolk to Orlando $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Pittsburgh to Ft. Myers $158 roundtrip, nonstop
- Long Beach to Portland $160 roundtrip, nonstop
- New York-LaGuardia to West Palm Beach $190 roundtrip, nonstop
- Milwaukee to Phoenix $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Buffalo to Tampa $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Oklahoma City to Washington DC-National $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Little Rock to Las Vegas $198 roundtrip, nonstop
- Albany to Louisville $232 roundtrip
These are the advertised sale fares. Many routes have lower unadvertised fares available.
Sale fares include a carry-on bag, a personal item, and two free checked bags up to 50lbs/23kg each.
Southwest has an open seating policy, which means there are no assigned seats, and you'll get to choose your place during boarding. The order of boarding is determined by the time of check-in, so check-in exactly 24 hours before departure or pay for priority boarding for a better choice of seat.
Searching Southwest's website, I found seats departing Dallas DAL on Wednesday, May 20, returning from Memphis MEM on Saturday, May 30, 2020, for $98 roundtrip.