We started Airfarewatchdog because we believe finding the best travel deals should be easy and planning travel should be fun. There are always great fares out there, and it’s our goal to bring them to you. We want to help people go on trips that may otherwise not be possible.
Have you scored a great deal with Airfarewatchdog? Where did you go and why? We’ve heard stories from travelers like a couple on opposite coasts able to keep their relationship steady because of the deals they’ve found on Airfarewatchdog. We’ve also had travelers use Airfarewatchdog airfare alerts to find great deals to their home countries, where they were able to discover their roots and heritage. For others, it was just a quick trip to a new city they haven’t been to before.
These are the experiences that Airfarewatchdog enables. These are the stories that keep us going in our mission to make travel attainable.
Do you have a story you want to share with us? Let us know by:
- Sharing on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #TripsMadePossible, make sure to tag @airfarewatchdog in your posts so we can see it and share it with other travelers.
- Email us at email@example.com with the subject line: #TripsMadePossible: (Trip Destination Here).
- You can also direct message us on Facebook here.
We look forward to hearing your stories. We may even share your story on social media and across our website. Of course some terms and conditions apply, see below for details. Can’t wait to hear from you.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT
This Contributor Agreement (“Agreement”) is made by and between Airfarewatchdog, doing business as Smarter Travel Media LLC, located at 226 Causeway Street, Boston, MA, together with its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries (“Airfarewatchdog”), and Contributor (“Contributor”) (collectively, “the Parties”), and shall apply to each of Contributor’s submissions, effective on the date of each submission (“Effective Date”). For the purpose of this Agreement, “Affiliate” shall mean any entity that, directly or indirectly, controls or is controlled by, or is under common control with Airfarewatchdog.
The Parties agree as follows:
- Contributor will assign to Airfarewatchdog and its Affiliates a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, transferrable and irrevocable license to any photos, videos, articles, and any other content, including but not limited to photos, videos, and/or text, provided to Airfarewatchdog under this Agreement (collectively, the “Content”).
- Airfarewatchdog shall perpetually own all rights, including copyright, to any original works of authorship or derivative works arising out of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the contexts listed in Section 4 of this Agreement. To the extent Airfarewatchdog lacks such rights, Contributor hereby transfers and assigns all rights in any such works and shall not contest said transfer. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Contributor (a) will retain ownership of the original articles that it provides, (b) will retain ownership over its Content, and (c) may republish any articles submitted to Airfarewatchdog on any of its own platforms and/or license them to third parties.
- Airfarewatchdog reserves the right to reformat or revise the Content. Airfarewatchdog has sole discretion to decide whether, when, how and on what platforms to publish the Content.
- This Agreement grants Airfarewatchdog the right to use digital reproductions of the Content in contexts including, but not limited to, social media platforms, mobile applications, e-publications, and online media.
- Airfarewatchdog may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. Upon termination of this Agreement, Airfarewatchdog will remove the Content from its website within a commercially reasonable time.
- Contributor warrants and represents that (i) Contributor has all rights, power and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement and grant the rights set forth herein; (ii) any Content provided under this Agreement will not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right held by any third party; (iii) performance under this Agreement will not violate any agreement or obligation between Contributor and any third party; and (iv) Contributor will comply with all Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines regarding native advertising and will modify the Content upon request by Airfarewatchdog for the purpose of ensuring such compliance.
- In the event a complaint relating to any Content is made by any third party at any time, whether by a formal legal claim or otherwise, Contributor will fully cooperate with Airfarewatchdog in responding to and defending against such complaint or claim. Contributor will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Airfarewatchdog, its Affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all actions, claims, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to (a) any alleged or actual infringement of any intellectual property rights of a third party and (b) Contributor’s negligence or misconduct.
- Contributor is not an employee of Airfarewatchdog for any purpose under this Agreement or otherwise. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All sections of this Agreement which by their nature are intended to survive termination shall survive said termination, including but not limited to any and all terms pertaining to Airfarewatchdog’s rights in the Content, original works, and derivative works. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes any prior agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. Any amendments must be expressly agreed to in writing by both parties. This Agreement and any rights hereunder are assignable in whole or in part by Airfarewatchdog. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and any action based on or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in the state or federal courts in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Contributor grants to Airfarewatchdog a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, and irrevocable license to use, reproduce and display its trademarks, logos or other similar indicia of identity or source for the sole purposes of providing attribution or promoting the Content pursuant to this Agreement. Airfarewatchdog grants to Contributor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and revocable license to use, reproduce and display its name and logo for the sole purpose of promoting the Content.
- Airfarewatchdog will indemnify, defend, or at its option settle, any third-party lawsuit or proceeding brought against Contributor, its affiliates or syndication partners, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, based upon or otherwise arising out of verifiable claims of intellectual property infringement arising out of Airfarewatchdog’s use of the Content in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this Agreement. Contributor will: (i) promptly notify Airfarewatchdog of such claim, (ii) provide Airfarewatchdog with reasonable information, assistance, and cooperation in defending the lawsuit or proceeding, and (iii) give Airfarewatchdog full control and sole authority over the defense and settlement of such claim. Airfarewatchdog shall have no obligation to indemnify Contributor as set forth above for any claims relating to user generated content. Contributor will indemnify, defend, or at its option settle, any third-party lawsuit or proceeding brought against Airfarewatchdog, its Affiliates or its syndication partners, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, based upon or otherwise arising out of: (a) the Content or (b) Contributor’s breach of any laws, regulations, or ordinances. Airfarewatchdog will: (i) promptly notify Contributor of such claim, (ii) provide Contributor with reasonable information, assistance and cooperation in defending the lawsuit or proceeding, and (iii) give Contributor full control and sole authority over the defense and settlement of such claim.
- I irrevocably grant Airfarewatchdog to use, edit, adapt, compile, distribute and publish my likeness, image and/or voice, to the extent that they are present in the Content, for any purpose in perpetuity, whether in original or modified form, or recorded on or transferred to photographs, videos, digital media, social media, or other media, now known or later developed, including but not limited to, on the pages of Airfarewatchdog’s websites, social media accounts, and/or promotional materials, or any other lawful purpose whatsoever.
- EXCEPT FOR (A) EITHER PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS HEREIN, (B) BREACHES OF CONFIDENTIALITY, AND (C) A PARTY’S USE OF THE LICENSED CONTENT IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING PRODUCTS LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY AND NEGLIGENCE), AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY WAS OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OR ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY STATED HEREIN.
- EXCEPT FOR EITHER PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS AND (E) BREACHES OF CONFIDENTIALITY, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED $100,000.