Thank you for using Airfarewatchdog.com website or mobile properties, including related applications (collectively, the "Site"), which are provided by Smarter Travel Media LLC ("Airfarewatchdog").
Airfarewatchdog.com is a travel information service. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers' offers, and we link you to their sites. Our Site is is owned and operated by Smarter Travel LLC ("Smarter Travel"). More details about Airfarewatchdog can be found below under "How you can contact us."
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Site or use our services. Before submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting Airfarewatchdog's site, www.Airfarewatchdog.com, or using a mobile phone, tablet, or similar device (a "Device") or in connection with other sites or services, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from youIn General.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and flight class, luggage, and ticketing options. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Smarter Travel and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post travel reviews, participate in discussion forums, e-mail Airfarewatchdog content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and travel planning content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit Airfarewatchdog by "clicking-through" from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third-party services, such as social media services, through our Site or before coming to our Site, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services. We will work with our existing partners and potential future partners to improve and personalize your use of our Site in accordance with the practices outlined in this section and Policy.Automatic Information.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit Airfarewatchdog. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
- To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our Site and Apps and on other Web sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a Web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.Display of Advertising/Your Choices
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
Airfarewatchdog and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your travel-related searches and other site activities, such as whether you are looking for airline flights or hotels, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a flight to Florida on Airfarewatchdog.com, you may see an ad for a Florida travel package on Airfarewatchdog.com or on another website you visit.
We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements. You can choose not to receive relevant online advertising on other Web sites, based on your travel-related searches on Airfarewatchdog.com by clicking here.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on the Smarter Travel family of sites are served by TripAdvisor or its service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different Web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
Response to Do Not Track signals
Your Web browser may transmit a "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signal to Airfarewatchdog and other websites. Because of differences in Web browsers' default settings and the manner in which browsers incorporate DNT signals, it is sometimes unclear to site operators whether site visitors have selected the DNT setting themselves, or whether they are aware that they have a choice in determining the setting. Airfarewatchdog does not currently respond to DNT signals. Once the Internet industry has settled on standards related to this issue and Airfarewatchdog recognizes such standards, we may reevaluate this approach.
How we use your information
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a vacation rental, or listed your vacation rental property in our Destination Resources section, we will send you e-mail messages at the email address you provide to us.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share your information
Airfarewatchdog may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring Web sites. If you were referred to Airfarewatchdog from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites' use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to Airfarewatchdog.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary:
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on Airfarewatchdog, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs, other Airfarewatchdog members may contact you by using Airfarewatchdog as an intermediary; however, Airfarewatchdog will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All Airfarewatchdog members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the Newsletters page on the Site. You can close your Airfarewatchdog account by contacting us at the phone number listed below or by selecting "Unsubscribe Me" on the Newsletters page. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Airfarewatchdog.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your Airfarewatchdog account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view. Please note, however, that we may retain in our files some information associated with your account and past transactions for purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements.
- As a registered Airfarewatchdog member, you can modify your e-mail subscription choices at any time on the Member Profile page. Whether registered as a Airfarewatchdog member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Airfarewatchdog account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Email Communications. Airfarewatchdog wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Site. One way we do this is by sending you e-mail messages that contain information about your apparent travel-related interests. For example, if you search for a flight to New York, or New York hotels or reviews on Airfarewatchdog.com, we may send you an email message reminding you about special airfare or hotel offers in New York. Similarly, if you receive an email about New York travel and demonstrate an interest in New York hotels, flights, or local travel reviews by affirmatively clicking on a link about New York hotels in the email, you may receive an email about New York hotel or flight offers. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Airfarewatchdog, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Airfarewatchdog, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our systems and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Airfarewatchdog is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Site from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that Airfarewatchdog does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email membersupport@Airfarewatchdog.com.
How you can contact us
Smarter Travel Media LLC
226 Causeway Street, Third Floor
Boston, MA 02114
© 2017 Airfarewatchdog. All rights reserved.