NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of SmarterTravel, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Airfarewatchdog, 226 Causeway Street, Boston MA 02114 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on July 15, 2014, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on July 28, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: In order to enter, visit the Airfarewatchdog blog post on the 2014 DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, located at X, and complete the entry form by entering your e-mail address. When you submit the entry form, you will be prompted to post a comment on an Airfarewatchdog blog post in response to a question. By entering, you will become an Airfarewatchdog subscriber, if you aren’t one already. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different e-mail accounts, identities, registrations, or log-ins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may void all of your entries and exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period (on or about August 1, 2014), one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Notifications and Requirements of Potential Winners: Within five (5) business days of the drawing, Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner at the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the e-mail within five (5) business days, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries received. Only three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted. A potential winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
- Prize: One (1) winner will receive four (4) DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, including: 2014 DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Italy, 2014 DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: London, 2014 DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: New York City, 2014 DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Paris.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to these Official Rules, or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Privacy and Publicity: Any information you submit as part of the Sweepstakes will be used for purposes of this Sweepstakes and treated in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your consent to Sponsor’s use of your name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Airfarewatchdog (Attn: DK Eyewitness Sweepstakes), 226 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114. Requests must be received by August 15, 2014.
The retail value of the prize is $100 ($25 per book). The DK Eyewitness Travel Guides are not packaged as a set but are packaged as four (4) separate titles (Italy, London, New York City, and Paris). A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.