Signed up for an Airfarewatchdog Fare Alert, but in need of a few pointers on how to book these great deals from Airfarewatchdog? You’ve come to the right place! As you know, we have three great email alerts to help you find the lowest airfares. Our City-to-City Alerts, our Fare Alerts from Departure Cities, and our Fare Alerts to Cities have helped thousands of people find airfares to/from their favorite airports. (If you haven't signed up for our email alerts, click on “Fare Alerts” in the menu on the left of any page on our website.)
1. Want to book those incredible deals you receive from Airfarewatchdog? Here's how.
For City-to-City Alerts: Click on the link "See Fare Details."
For Fare Alerts from Departure Cities or Fare Alerts to Cities: Scroll down the list of cities and find the airfare that interests you. Click on the price or the "See All Details" link we provide for each fare.
An example of a Fare Alert from Departure City:
An example of a Fare Alert to City:
2. The Airfare Details for the selected route will now appear on your screen. The details may include information such as the name of the Airline(s) offering the fare, the Travel by date, the minimum number of days Advance Purchase required, the days of the week Available for travel, and Our Notes which provide even more relevant, helpful info.
3. If you would like to book this fare, you'll see two ways to find seats at the price we've shown you.
Check When Fare is Available Using Flexible Dates (and even when they're not flexible): Quick links to the websites where we actually found the fare will be posted here. You'll be able to search for available dates on these sites that show clickable calendars of fares or multiple dates on one page. Much easier and faster than entering one date at a time!
Note: One of the good reasons why we recommend this option first is that in the course of the day, another airline may match the price or even post a lower one. Or the original airline listed may sell-out or decide to change the price. Looking here first will keep you on top of things.
Check If Fare is Available for Your Dates: A convenient search where you can enter specific dates for the fare. Please disable any pop-up blockers to use this option and note that this will link you to multiple booking sites. Remember, not every date is available for every fare. Flexible date searches (see above) always increase your chances of nabbing the low prices you see.
Please note that Airfarewatchdog.com is not a travel agency and we do not sell fares or book travel. We only list low fares that we've found. The booking happens on another site.
4. Once you have selected a link or entered dates, you will be sent directly to the airline or online travel agency where you can start checking availability and choosing your flight.
5. Continue the booking process at the company's website until your airfare is booked and confirmed. Print your confirmation page when you're done, please! Sometimes confirmation emails get stuck in a SPAM filter or bounced away by your email provider, so do print. Better safe, than sorry.
There. Now you're ready to go and get the great fares we've found for you. Happy Hunting!